Applications lines are open for the second cohort of Fashion Product Lab for upcoming African designers. The Fashion Product Lab is a 10-week programme that allows upcoming designers in the continent access to work with early stage fashion-focused technology to launch their brands, showcase their collections and scale their business.
The programme dubbed “Fashion Product Lab 2.0” which will take place in October – November 2017 is powered by Metta, a global member’s club for entrepreneurs. Mettã connects people, ideas, and resources to further business opportunities.
The Fashion Product Lab 2.0 which is the first of its kind in Africa to support designers will culminate in a runway show in December 2017 in Nairobi.
The 10 designers who will be selected to participate in this cohort will go through:
- Mentoring and collaboration with the association of fashion designers in Kenya, Moringa School, Zumi, Umati Capital, Uwakili, Artcaffe and Nest.VC among others.
- Connections to relevant fashion technologies, business tools and innovative solutions.
- Intensive curriculum tailored for early stage fashion business.
- Meeting with senior business executives, investors and seasoned entrepreneurs.
- Pitch ideas and showcase concepts at a Demo Day (runway show), where fashion retail executives, investors, and the press will be in attendance.
Interest applicants can apply via www.fashionproductlab.co.ke with the application deadline set at 1st September 2017.