East Africa’s Premier Startup Conference & Pitching event, PIVOT East has announced the five winners of its 2019 program.
The event which was held for the sixth time at iHub, Nairobi had 25 startups from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda pitching both virtually and physically to a panel of judges and other attendees.
The event was live streamed to the public as this year’s conference was an exclusive and smaller event to enrich networking and interaction by the attendees. Invitees included seasoned startups founders, startup enablers, investors, industry players, government representatives and development partners.
Here are the Pivot East 2019 Winners:
- Cloud9xp (Kenya) – Entertainment Category: Cloud9xp is an online marketplace, booking service and distributor for leisure experiences.
- Enfinite Solutions Limited (Kenya) – Enterprise Category: Through a portfolio of premium products – WakiliCMS and EliteSuite, they strive to make sure that law firms and legal departments are run efficiently to minimize costs, increase profits and improve decision-making criteria.
- Coinbox (Kenya) – Utilities Category: Coinbox allows its users to own Coinboxes in different and diverse listed brands and save for their due holidays by sending whatever amount they are comfortably able to their Coinbox until they reach the required amount.
- AfyaKit (Kenya) – Social Impact Category: A social venture start-up, focused on improving health outcomes by providing actionable in-facility data to health sector players across Sub Saharan Africa. They have an analytics tool that enables decision making for health managers.
- Mobishule (Kenya) – Finance Category: Mobishule is a Value Added Service proposition to parents of partners’ schools that enables them to access small amounts of school fee cash advances using mobile.
Image Credits: Pivot