Africa’s premier business growth partner, GrowthAfrica, has announced its expansion and launch into Accra, Ghana. Its 6th African region running in-country business acceleration activities. A move that will introduce the organisation’s unrivalled experience in enhancing sustained business growth, to West African entrepreneurs.
The launch into Ghana is marked by an open call for applications to the GrowthAfrica Accelerator which is looking for 80 ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana to be part of the 2020 cohort. The programme presents a first-time opportunity for growth stage, post-revenue entrepreneurs in Ghana to access resources and support necessary to scale.
The GrowthAfrica Accelerator is designed to help entrepreneurs scale their ventures, make them investment ready and develop entrepreneurial acumen. The overall aim of the 6 months programme is to accelerate and unlock significant business growth.
The programme consists of 18 workshop days spread over 6 months period that results in the development and implementation of a 3-year growth plan. The last 6 months involve one-on-one implementation support of the growth plan from the GrowthAfrica team, external advisors, consultations with the Investment team and introductions to relevant investors.
Qualified entrepreneurs will receive:
- Growth strategy: Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that lead to an increase in your revenue, profits and impact.
- Bespoke in-company support: Get individualised and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey.
- Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs from across Africa.
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to and engagement with potential and relevant investors.
- Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: You will have access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board.
- Financial modelling: Support in building a financial model for your business growth and investment.
- Leadership: Acquire skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership.
Businesses applying to join the Accelerator 2020 cohort must:
- For-profit, post-revenue business.
- Have a turnover of US$50,000 or more.
- Existed for 2 years or more.
- Have a dedicated full-time founding team and a full-time core team.
- And open to raising external investment.
Interested companies can apply here before December 1st, 2019.