Digital Financial Services Lab (DFS Lab), an early-stage accelerator that supports entrepreneurs to refine, grow and launch ground-breaking FinTech ventures in developing countries has opened applications for the F3 Prize (Female-Focused Fintech Prize).
In partnership with Flourish, Women’s World Banking, and FinEquity, the F3 Prize seeks to recognize the most innovative digital financial products that are narrowing the gender gap in financial inclusion; these are products that are designed for women and not necessarily a female founder’s prize.
DFS Lab aims to bring support and an investor spotlight to the most innovative entrepreneurs and products that increase financial access to female users in emerging markets.
Interested Startups Should be:
- FinTech startups who serve a primarily female customer base – includes both digital financial services companies and “fintech plus” companies who serve financial services alongside another primary offering (e.g. last mile delivery, ag supply chain, etc)
- Startups who target the mass market in Africa and South Asia (including Indonesia).
- Startups who have made gender inclusion a priority, both in their business models and their company culture
- Startups whose products and services address the gender gap in financial inclusion through increased access to financial services for women and/or a deeper impact on the daily financial lives of women and their families – ideally both
- Startups who can demonstrate the above with qualitative and quantitative data and prove the ability to scale that impact
Winners will receive structured mentorship from DFS Lab, its network of experts, and members of the F3 Prize’s advisory committee. They will also be featured on various media and be honoured in person at the FT/IFC Transformative Business Awards 2019.
Along with a trip to the awards ceremony, teams will be awards with a celebratory cash prize:
- First: US$5,000 USD
- Runner Ups (2): US$2,000 USD
Interested startups have up to May 15th to apply.
Image Credits: DFS Lab